Ed Ratledge a pro beach volleyball player and NCAA national champion presents a series of videos on how to stay comfortable while playing and hanging out at the beach.
1. Keep the of the game up when you’re on a roll. Take some time to gather yourself when losing.
2. Shorts should not bind and be made of a stretch material. Tops for girls at beach camps can be their club jerseys to wick the sweat away.
3. Players sweat out more than they think and Ed tells how many bottles of water and gatorade are needed.
4. Feed the muscles and the brain. The brain runs on sugar so eat some sweets when your appetite is not there.
5. Like in yoga make sure breathing is steady and not labored. Heavy breathing is a sign of dehydration.
6. Be social and comfortable making friends, you never know when you will need a partner.
To view all of Ed Ratledge’s videos – Click Here!
Ed Ratledge Volleyball Beach Comfort Video 1