In Practice Coaching Example
The below video shows how we apply this formula practically when teaching high school and club players.
“What Great Looks Like” ™ is a term I use to describe our goal as a team as it relates to how we should physically play volleyball on the court. This idea challenged me to develop “The Volleyball1on1 Playing Standard” of what I felt “Great Volleyball” looks like on the court when physically playing volleyball for both beach and indoor. Below is my Volleyball1on1 formula for indoor volleyball.
- Serve In and Tough
- No Hitting Errors
- Pass High / Off Net / Middle
- Hittable Balls
- Take Out The Trash
- Relentless Pursuit Defense
- Game Plan Offense
- Game Plan Defense
© Copyright 2017
Go Here – To read a detailed breakdown of each point above. The science behind this coaching philosophy is also shared.
Need Help Applying This To Your Program?
We teach high school and club coaches how to apply this practically with their program through our Volleyball1on1 High School Summer Camps and our “Train the Trainer” Volleyball Club Clinics.
Visit Our Volleyball1on1 Camps pages to see the posters and learn about:
“What Great Looks Like!” (™) – The Volleyball1on1 Playing Standard!
“What Great Looks Like!” (™) – The Volleyball1on1 Winning Culture
“What Great Looks Like!” (™) – The Volleyball1on1 Coaching Standard
Schedule a call to review your summer camp plans with Andor Gyulai – Volleyball1on1.com Owner.
- What Great Looks Like! ™ – The Volleyball1on1 Playing Standard – Volleyball1on1 Coaching Formula for On Court Volleyball Success (Read More!)
- Real Life “What Great Looks Like,” Volleyball Example of a Program Turn Around (Read More!)
- Recognize Excellence – Peaking Players for Playoffs (Read More!)
- Visit Our Volleyball1on1 Camps pages to see the 3 “What Great Looks Like!” (™) posters.