This content contains a beach volleyball transition setting drill and information. In the drill gold medalist Eric Fonoimoana shares tips for transition setting.Details
ric shows an entire series of videos on passing. Everything is covered in great detail starting with the basics to a drill for superior passing skills.
1. Position is key by always being aware of where the end line and back line are. Decide before the serve who will cover the middle of the court.
2. Keep the arms out in front and prepared for anything to easily locate the ball and make the pass.
Olympic gold medalist Eric Fonoimoana presents his series on spiking and sideing out every single time. Known as a powerful attacker Eric tells how he became prolific in scoring points.
Prepare and sell the hit by always being aggressive on the jump. A higher vertical is achieved by swinging the arms back on the approach then swinging the arms up to get out of the sand quicker. Scout out the opponents defense before the spike to get the kill.
Defense wins championships. Eric presents a series of videos on defense that led him to the ultimate prize, an Olympic gold medal.
1. Begin by positioning on the sand with the feet and arms in the correct location.
2. Using correct footwork to run down a shot with minimal steps increases speed.
ric shows how dropping off the net means first identifying when to drop into the court after the set is made. In this series it is described how learning this skill helped make him an Olympic gold medalist.
1. Good footwork starts with the inside foot facing parallel to the net and ending with a hop step.Details