Part 2 on how Dan connects, inspires and motivates his student athletes inside and outside the gym. This is an incredible video and I encourage all coaches to watch both parts as I guarantee it will make you a better coach in all aspects.Details
Steve presents a series on spiking which is what every beginner wants to learn. In these videos everything is broken down and builds confidence with easy to understand instruction and drills.
1. The arm swing on the beach is unique and slightly different from indoor. Proper technique prevents injury and forms a base to work on.Details
teve walks beginners step by step through instruction and drills on how to pass like the pros do. Easy to use verbal cues and examples are included to build confidence with game like situations.
1. Footwork progresses from the starting position to moving sideways, backward and forward with efficiency.Details
Steve presents a series of videos on setting for beginners that is easy to understand with instruction and drills that can be put into action with confidence.
1. The most common question is answered on what is a legal versus illegal set with a demonstration on the differences.Details
teve presents a video series on serving specifically for beginners. This vast amount of coaching and drills build confidence by breaking down the mechanics and technique for all players to become effective servers.
1. Begin with the correct way to address the ballDetails
Steve walks through a video series on blocking for beginners on the beach. Height is not always needed and confidence is easily gained with coaching cues and drills that are easy to understand.
1. A blockers mentality is taught in a drill without ball so the blocker understands how active blocking is on the court.Details
Steve describes and demonstrates how to pull from the net when blocking. These videos show the easy and efficient way to properly pull off the net that has players build confidence quickly.
1. Staring position and balance with efficient footwork has players cover a large amount of ground when staying at the net.Details
Steve presents a full video series of playing defense on the beach for beginners. This series goes through the process for players and coaches to efficiently build skills and confidence quickly.
1. Defense starts with the player covering their half of the court and determining how many shots they can systematically cover.Details
SCVC is one of the most successful volleyball clubs in the United States. Coached by Bill Ferguson and an elite staff of volleyball coaches SCVC has won more awards in the boys division than any other boys volleyball club. In addition to coaching SCVC Bill is the head coach of USC Men’s Volleyball where he has been awarded coach of the year honors twice.Details
This post contains videos and breakdown for a full USC Men’s Volleyball Practice. The coaches include Bill Ferguson, Jeff Nygaard, and Cam Green. Additionally we filled exclusive content where we sat with Bill and discussed the volleyball practice, drills and his coaching style including details of the practice and what he was looking to get out of each drill.Details
Crunch Time Volleyball Drill is both team and coach favorite. When there is a draw in the “Little Italy Drill” the players move to the crunch time drill. The players have to kill 3 balls in a row in order to move out of crunch time and then go into a game with regular score win by two starting at a particular score, often 22-22.Details