This camp is limited to the top 6-8 players from each high school, and participation is by invite only. If you have received this correspondence, we would like to invite you to a 6-day volleyball camp hosted by Volleyball1on1 owner and founder Andor Gyulai in conjunction with your high school. The camp will run over a six-day period at two different high schools within close proximity of one other. The top six to eight players from each school can attend both camps at a discounted rate.
Andor Gyulai is the founder of Volleyball1on1 (www.volleyball1on1.com), which is headquartered in the heart of beach volleyball: Los Angeles, California. Launched in 2009, Volleyball1on1 is the first and top-ranked instructional volleyball coaching web site in the world, featuring more than 2,500 videos from the best coaches and players in the sport of volleyball, sharing insider instructional techniques, drills, practice plans, and more 1-on-1 for you!
Below is a summary of how you can benefit from our six-day camp, with personal instruction from Andor Gyulai:
- Having more than 50 hours to work with and get to know a player vs. 25 hours is a huge difference. Players build a better rapport and more trust, which creates a two-way conversation and more effective feedback. With 50 hours, Andor will have the time to personalize each camp to fit every individual player’s needs. The more personal, the better!
- Using the OODA Loop methodology, Andor will incorporate advanced training for each skill related to “Reading the Game.”
- Andor will teach players how to “slow the ball down” for each skill – and yes, it can be done!
- Andor will teach a pre-skill routine to increase consistency. Serving, blocking, defense, spiking and setting all need a routine. This is where we will iron that out, using, for example, the “AVCEX” coaching system.
- Andor is the most sought-out coach in the world to teach the ubiquitous skill of “spiking.” He has also been scheduled to run metric-based experiments using a 3D camera analyzing how to develop more spiking power.
- Every single individual will receive at least 700 passing reps with extensive feedback. All of the top coaches in the world have pointed to 400 passing reps as the number to hit per week to see noticeable improvement, and with Andor’s personal instruction, you will receive nearly DOUBLE the amount of reps. Read more here!
- Setters and hitters will receive a minimum of 1,000 reps throughout the week, with extensive feedback in each category.
- During the middle of the camp (day three), the attendees will complete an individual and team questionnaire, which will be evaluated during the fun tournament day that is day three. With the information gleaned from the questionnaire, we will establish goals for the second half of the camp.
- The most vital intangible of all: Team chemistry. We will tackle this topic every single minute of camp, building upon team culture and offensive strategy, customizing each camp by each team’s specific needs.
- As many of our campers will be high school upperclassmen, Andor has added college support, speaking individually with juniors and seniors, discussing college plans and strategies to get players roster spots and scholarships.